VW Volkswagen Golf (Mk II) & Jetta Petrol 1984-1992 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers the Golf Hatchback and Jetta Saloon (Mk 2) including 16-valve and special/limited editions.
- 1.0 litre (1043cc)
- 1.3 litre (1272cc)
- 1.6 litre (1595cc)
- 1.8 litre (1781cc).
Please note it DOES NOT cover Convertible, Rallye, Caddy, 4×4 or Diesel models and features specific to Van.
The Mk. II Volkswagen Golf and Jetta range of models was introduced in March 1984, revised body and trim features being the main visual difference to the earlier range of models.
The engine/transmission is mounted transversely at the front of the vehicle, drive being to the front wheels. Detailed improvements have been made throughout the years of manufacture to improve power output and economy. These include the introduction of hydraulic bucket tappets, the Digifant, Digijet and Mono-Jetronic fuel injection systems, the 16-valve engine fitted to the GTi variant, the fully electronic ignition system (FEI), the 085 5-speed gearbox and several other minor modifications and revisions.
As with earlier models the new range is proving popular, giving economy, reliability, comfort and, if previous models can be used as a yardstick, long life.
Your Volkswagen Golf and Jetta Manual
The aim of this Manual is to help you get the best value from your vehicle. It can do so in several ways. It can help you decide what work must be done (even should you choose to get it done by a garage), provide information on routine maintenance and servicing, and give a logical course of action and diagnosis when random faults occur.
However, it is hoped that you will use the Manual by tackling the work yourself. On simpler jobs it may even be quicker than booking the car into a garage and going there twice, to leave and collect it. Perhaps most important, a lot of money can be saved by avoiding the costs a garage must charge to cover its labour and overheads.
The Manual has drawings and descriptions to show the function of the various components so that their layout can be understood. Then the tasks are described and photographed in a clear step-by-step sequence.
- Living with Your VW Volkswagen Golf (Mk II) & Jetta
- Roadside Repairs
- Weekly Checks
- Lubricants & Fluids
- Capacities & Tyre Pressures
- Routine Maintenance & Service
- Engine Repair Procedures – 1.5 litre & 1.3 litre (Pre August 1985)
- Engine Repair Procedures – 1.5 litre & 1.3 litre (Post August 1985)
- Engine Repair Procedures – 1.6 litre & 1.8 litre 8 Valve
- Engine Repair Procedures – 1.8 litre 16 Valve
- Cooling, Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Carburettor Model
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – K-Jetronic Fuel Injection – 8 Valve Engines
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – K-Jetronic Fuel Injection – 16 Valve Engines
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Mono K-Jetronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Digijet Fuel Injection
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Digifant Fuel Injection
- Ignition System – Contact Breaker Type
- Ignition System – Transistorised Type
- Ignition System – Fully Electronoc Type
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Braking System
- Suspension & Steering
- Bodywork & Fittings
- Body Electrical Systems
- Wiring Diagrams
Haynes manuals are written specifically for the do-it-yourselfer, yet are complete enough to be used by professional mechanics. Since 1960 Haynes has produced manuals written from hands-on experience based on a vehicle teardown with hundreds of photos and illustrations, making Haynes the world leader in automotive repair information.