VW T4 Transporter Diesel 1990 – 2003 Haynes Owners Service & Repair Manual covers Transporter ‘T4’ variants with front-mounted diesel engines and front-wheel-drive. DOES NOT cover Transporter ‘T5’ range introduced July 2003. DOES NOT cover petrol engine models, all-wheel-drive ‘Syncro’ models, interior features specific to Westfalia, Caravelle or Multivan, or specialist bodywork/camper conversions.
Diesel Engines Covered:
- 1.9 litre (1896cc) 4 Cylinder
- 2.4 litre (2370cc)
- 2.5 litre (2461cc) 5 Cylinder
- Safety First!
- Roadside repairs
- Weekly checks
- Routine maintenance and servicing
- 4 – Cylinder engine in-vehicle repair procedures
- 5 – Cylinder engine in-vehicle repair procedures
- Engine removal and overhaul procedures
- Cooling, heating and ventilation systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Emission control systems
- Starting and charging systems
- Manual transmission
- Automatic transmission
- Braking system
- Suspension and steering
- Bodywork and fittings
- Body electrical systems
- Wiring diagrams
Haynes offers the best coverage for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs and motorcycles on the market today. Each manual contains easy to follow step-by-step instructions linked to hundreds of photographs and illustrations. Included in every manual: troubleshooting section to help identify specific problems; tips that give valuable short cuts to make the job easier and eliminate the need for special tools; notes, cautions and warnings for the home mechanic; color spark plug diagnosis and an easy to use index.