Vehicle Batteries. Fundamentals And Handling – Self-study programme 234 PDF. The battery is one of the most important electrical components in the vehicle. A perfectly functioning battery contributes significantly towards customer satisfaction.
In addition to the engine starting function, the vehicle battery also has the task of storing electrical energy for the whole onboard electrical system in the vehicle.
The vehicle battery acts as an accumulator. This means it can accept electrical energy for purposes of storage and make it available for other uses at a later stage, depending on the demand.
To enable correct handling of batteries for service and maintenance, a degree of basic knowledge is necessary, which will be provided in this self-study programme.
The self-study programme shows the design and function of new developments.
For current testing, adjustment and repair instructions, refer to the relevant service literature.
- Battery construction
- Charge and discharge processes
- Technical battery figures and terms
- Different battery types
VOLKSWAGEN factory fitted batteries
- Properties and special features
- Low maintenance and maintenance-free batteries
- Installation positions of batteries in vehicle
- Factors affecting energy structure
- Electrical system concepts
- Harmonisation of battery and alternator
- Discharge and response to temperatures
- Battery testing
- Battery charging
- Battery recharging
- Boost starting
- Storage and transport
- Dangers when handling vehicle batteries
- Warning notices
- Explanation of highlighted terms
Size: 1.58 Mb
Free download Vehicle Batteries. Fundamentals And Handling – SSP 234