INTRODUCTION THM 180 (TRI-MATIC)
This Repair Manual contains the general description, diagnosis and overhaul procedures necessary to service the THM 180 and 180C (Tri-matic) transmission.
The Turbo-Hydramatic 180 (3L30) is a rear wheel drive three speed transmission, used in both domestic and foreign vehicles. It consists of three clutch packs, one band and one overrun clutch, along with a compound planetary gearset.
In the converter clutch units, a single disc torque converter clutch has been added to increase overall transmission efficiency and fuel economy.
Through the use of this manual you will be able to more readily servicethe Turbo-Hydramatic 180, and provide greater customer satisfaction.
- 1981–1986 Bitter SC
- 1969-1975 Buick Opel
- 1978–1987 Chevrolet Chevette
- 1968-1988 Chevrolet Opala
- 1971–1983 Fiat 124
- 1975–1978 Fiat 131
- 1975–1981 Fiat Brava
- 1981–1982 Fiat Spider
- 1989–1998 Geo Tracker
- 1987–1994 Grumman LLV postal van
- 1970–1971 Holden Brougham
- 1978–1988 Holden Commodore
- 1970–1980 Holden Belmont/Kingswood/Premier/GTS
- 1970–1977 Holden Monaro
- 1969–1980 Holden Torana
- Lada 2101, 2103, 2106, Riva
- 1971–1975 Opel Ascona A/Manta A/Rekord 1900
- 1969–1973 Opel GT
- 1969–1975 Opel Olympia; Kadett B/C
- 1968–1986 some Opel-Vehicles (for example Opel Rekord-C to E and Opel Commodore-A to C Series), as well as their Vauxhall derivatives (the VX-series, the Carlton and Royale/Senator)
- 1977–1979 Peugeot 604
- 1981–1987 Pontiac T1000
- 1973–1986 Rover SD1/2300/2600/Vitesse
- 1971–1984 Statesman
- 1989–1998 Suzuki Sidekick
- USA USPS Jeep MAIL delivery Carts for many years.
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- UNIT REPAIR
- TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
- BUSHING SERVICE
- SPECIAL TOOLS
- TECHNICAL BULLETINS
Size: 3.37 Mb
Free download THM 180 (3L30) – ATSG