The Sharan 2011 Electrics / Electronics – Self-study Programme 493. The self-study programme portrays the design and function of new developments
For the first time, the Sharan 2011 features a large number of systems that have previously been used in higher class vehicles.
The KESSY entry and start authorisation system is new, for example. KESSY allows convenient opening, locking and starting of the vehicle without active use of a key.
The RNS 315 radio/navigation system is new, too. It features an integrated mobile telephone preparation and an internal flash data memory.
This self-study programme also explains the following systems along with their components and functions:
- the new electronic steering column lock (ESL)
- engine start and switch-off
- the mobile phone preparations (UMPP)
- the aerial systems
The contents will not be updated.
For current testing, adjustment and repair instructions, refer to the relevant service literature.
Vehicle Electrical System
- Networking concept
- Keyless Entry and Start System (KESSY)
- Switching the engine on and off
Radio, Navigation and Telephone
- Radio/navigation systems
- RNS 315 radio/navigation system
- Aerial systems
- Mobile phone preparation (UMPP)
- Replacing the electronic steering column lock (ESL)
- Updating the RNS 315
- Transponder coil for teaching-in and emergency starting
Size: 2.04 Mb
Free download The Sharan 2011 Electrics / Electronics – SSP 493