Service Interval Extension. Basics for LongLife Service – Self-Study Programme 224 PDF Free Download.
Service interval extension has first been launched in Germany. For all other countries, please refer to the vehicle identification. Since Model Year 2000 Audi and Volkswagen have been fitting most models with service interval extension.
Depending on model and engine variants, service intervals of up to 2 years or max. 30,000 km are possible for petrol engines and 50,000 km for certain diesel engines.
This meets customer wishes to reduce the servicing requirements and also improves our competitiveness. Technical requirements form the advanced developments to engines, the Service Interval Display and new wear-resistant Engine oils. Every service on cars with service interval extension always involves an oil change.
The Self-Study Programme is not a Workshop Manual.
Please always refer to the relevant Service Literature for all inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.
- Service interval extension … in a nutshell
Service interval extension
- Overview of service interval extension
- Overview of vehicle range
- Identification of vehicles with service interval extension
- Flexible service intervals
- Functions in the combi-instrument
- Petrol engines – system overview
- Diesel engines – system overview
- Petrol engines – determining the service intervals
- Diesel engines – determining the service intervals
- Engine oil
- Assessing the oil level and oil quality
- Oil level warning
- Bonnet contact
- Maintenance free battery
- Brake pad wear indicator
- Maintenance interval and driving style
Service in dialogue
Size: 1.58 Mb
Free download Service Interval Extension – SSP 224