Porsche 911 Carrera 966 Wiring Diagram & Service Repair Manual Free Download PDF
The Technical Manual Repair describes all essential work operations requiring special instructions to
ensure that repairs are performed properly. It should be in the hands of the workshop foremen and the
workshop personnel, as careful compliance with the stated instructions is a precondition for maintaining the
traffic and operating safety of the vehicle. In addition, of course, the generally customary basic safety rules for
the repair of motor vehicles are unrestrictedly applicable.
The full-color Porsche 911 Carrera (Type 996) Service Manual: 1999-2005 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Porsche 911 (Type 996) Coupe, Targa and Convertible models from 1999 to 2005. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and useful specifications. Whether you re a professional or a do-it-yourself Porsche owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your Porsche.
Although the do-it-yourself Porsche owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the Porsche owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
1999-2005 911 Carrera, Carrera 4, Carrera 4S
Important Technical Coverage Note: 2005 Carrera (RWD) models were built on the Type 997 platform. Type 997 cars are not covered by this manual. To verify that your car is covered by this repair manual, check the 12th digit of the VIN:
6 = Type 996
7 = Type 997
1999-2001: 3.4 liter (M96.01, M96.02, M96.04)
2002-2005: 3.6 liter (M96.03)
G96 (6-speed manual)
A96 (5-speed automatic)
- Full-color repair manual pages (black and white electrical section).
- Maintenance procedures for everything from flushing front and rear differential fluids to replacing the interior ventilation microfilter. This manual tells you what to do and when to do it.
- Step-by-step engine and cylinder head removal and installation.
- Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system service, including explanation of different Bosch DME engine management systems.
- Clutch, flywheel and rear main seal service.
- Front and rear drive train service, including front (C4) and rear differential service.
- Brakes, steering, suspension and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs.
- Convertible top service, including convertible top hydraulic motor and microswitch replacement and a diagnsotic fault code table.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, with power distribution, grounds, convertible top and other hard to find circuits.
Size: 703 Mb
Free download Porsche 911 Carrera 966 Service Repair Manual PDF