Peugeot 307 Petrol & Diesel 2001 – 2008 Haynes Repair Manual covers: Hatchback & Estate/SW, Including Special / Limited Editions. DOES NOT cover 307CC or Coupe. DOES NOT cover 180bhp 2.0 litre petrol engine .
- 1.4 litre (1360cc) “TU3JP” SOHC 4 cylinder
- 1.4 litre (1360cc) “ET3JP4” DOHC 4 cylinder
- 1.6 litre (1587cc) “TU5JP4” DOHC 4 cylinder
- 2.0 litre (1997cc) “EW10J4 & EW10A” DOHC 4 cylinder
- 1.4 litre (1398cc) “DV4TD” SOHC 4 Cylinder
- 1.6 litre (1560cc) “DV6TED4” DOHC 4 Cylinder
- 1.6 litre (1560cc) “DV6ATED4” DOHC 4 Cylinder (with intercooler)
- 2.0 litre (1997cc) “DW10TD & DW10ATED” SOHC 4 Cylinder
- 2.0 litre (1997cc) “DW10BTED4” DOHC 4 Cylinder
The Peugeot 307 was introduced into the UK In early 2001. At its launch, the 307 was offered with a choice of 1.4 (1360cc), 1.6 (1587cc) and 2.0 litre (1997cc) petrol engines or 1.4 litre (1398cc). 2.0 litre (1997cc) turbodiesel engines. It was available in two body styles – a 3/5-door Hatchback, or a 5-door Estate. In March 2002 the SW (Sports Wagon) model was released, with three rows of passenger seats, and a full-length glass panel roof as the main distinguishing features.
The engines fitted to the 307 range are all versions of the well-proven units which have appeared in many Peugeot/CitroSn vehicles over the years, with the exception of the 1.4 litre HOI engine, newly developed in a joint venture with the Ford Motor Co.
The engine is mounted transversely at the front of vehicle, with the transmission mounted on its left-hand end. All engines are fitted with a manual transmission as standard (an automatic transmission is available on certain engines).
All models have fully-independent front suspension, incorporating shock absorbers, coil springs and an anti-roll bar. The rear beam axle has a built-in anti-roll bar, with separate shock absorbers and coil spring.
A wide range of standard and optional equipment is available within the range to suit most tastes, including central locking, electric windows and front, side and curtain airbags. An air conditioning system Is available on all models.
Provided that regular servicing is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, the vehicle should prove reliable and very economical. The engine compartment is well-designed, and most of the items requiring frequent attention are easily accessible.
Your Peugeot 307 manual
The aim of this manual Is to help you get the best value from your vehicle. It can do so in several ways. It can help you decide what work must be done (even should you choose to get it done by a garage). It will also provide information on routine maintenance and servicing, and give a logical course of action and diagnosis when random faults occur.
However, it is hoped that you will use the manual by tackling the work yourself. On simpler jobs it may even be quicker than booking the car into a garage and going there twice, to leave and collect it. Perhaps most important, a lot of money can be saved by avoiding the costs a garage must charge to cover its labour and overheads.
The manual has drawings and descriptions to show the function of the various components so that their layout can be understood. Tasks are described and photographed in a clear step-by-step sequence. References to the ‘left’ and ‘right’ of the vehicle are in the sense of a person in the driver’s seat facing forward.
- Living with Your Peugeot 307
- Roadside Repairs
- Weekly Checks
- Lubricants & Fluids
- Tyre Pressures
- Routine Maintenance & Service – Petrol Engines
- Routine Maintenance & Service – Diesel Engines
- 1.4 litre & 1.6 litre Petrol Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- 2.0 litre Petrol Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- 1.4 litre & 2.0 litre SOHC Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- 1.6 litre DOHC Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- 2.0 litre DOHC Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- Engine Removal and Overhaul Procedures
- Cooling, Heating & Ventilation Systems
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Petrol Engines
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Diesel Engines
- Emission Control Systems
- Starting & Charging Systems
- Ignition System – Petrol Models
- Pre/Post Heating System – Diesel Models
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Braking System
- Suspension & Steering
- Bodywork & Fittings
- Body Electrical Systems
- Wiring Diagrams
Size: 17.5 Mb
Free download Peugeot 307 Petrol & Diesel 2001 – 2008 Haynes Repair Manual PDF