Painting the Vehicle – The Topcoat – Self-Study Programme 215 PDF. The first part of the topic vehicle painting is described in Self-Study Programme 214, “Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment”.
Self Study Programme 215, “Painting the Vehicle – The Topcoat”, expands on this theme. It provides basic, specialist, as well as practical knowledge and supplements the subject matter of SSP 214.
Self-Study Programmes 214 and 215 were designed to provide an overview of the current state of vehicle paintwork.
- SSP 214: Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment
- SSP 215: Painting the Vehicle – The Topcoat
The self-study programme is not a workshop manual.
Testing, adjustment and repair instructions may be found in the appropriate service material.
Vehicle Painting – Basic Principles
- An introduction to colours
- Composition of colours
- Matching the colours
- Types of topcoats
Equipment, Auxiliary Tools
- Equipment in the paint workshop
- Spray chambers
- Equipment for mixing the paint
- Tools and auxiliary devices
- Sanding tools
Application of the Topcoat
- Mixing and applying the topcoat
- Basic requirements
- Spray guns
Check your Knowledge
Size: 2.97 Mb
Free download Painting the Vehicle – The Topcoat – SSP 215