Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment – Self-Study Programme 214 PDF. The topic of vehicle painting continues to gain importance in the field of providing customer service. New technical processes and new materials – especially new paints – significantly increase the complexity of this specialist area.
The field of vehicle painting is no exception to the rule that only services based on fundamental knowledge can fully satisfy the demands of the customer.
Self-Study Programmes 214 and 215 were thus designed to provide an overview of the current state of the vehicle-painting art.
- SSP 214: Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment
- SSP 215 Painting the Vehicle – The Topcoat
The self-study programme is not a workshop manual.
Testing, adjustment and repair instructions may be found in the appropriate service material.
Vehicle Painting – Basic Principles
- Steel oxidation (corrosion)
- Abrasive mediums
- Prepartory materials and paint
- The constituents of paint
- The paint: classification by drying method
Painting in the Factory
Painting in the Repair Shop
- Repair painting
- Painting in the workshop
- Pre-treatment of the surfaces to be painted
- The protective primer
- The filler
- Sanding the filler
- Application of the primer extender
- Sanding the primer extender
Check Your Knowledge
Size: 2.16 Mb
Free download Painting the Vehicle – Pre-Treatment – SSP 214 PDF