The transmission identification tag is located on the RII side of the transmission, near the driveshaft flange. The MT82 transmission is available in the Mustang with 3.7L or 5.0L (4V) engines.
Manual Transmission The MT82 6-speed transmission features:
- six forward speeds and one reverse speed.
- helical toothed gear wheels and gears that arc constantly engaged.
- triple synchronisation on 1st and 2nd gears.
- double synchronisation on 3rd and 4th gears.
- a shift interlock system to prevent the engagement of more than one gear.
- a skip shift system to bypass 2nd and 3rd gears for vehicles equipped with 5.0L (4V) engines.
- aluminum front and rear main cases.
- an input shaft, output shaft and countershaft.
- ball bearings on input shaft, output shaft and countershaft.
- a reverse idler gear to produce a reverse rotation of the output shaft.
Format: Online PDF
Size: 32.9 Mb