Data Exchange On The CAN Bus I – Self-Study Programme 238 PDF. The CAN bus system in a car interlinks the control units to form a network. This produces new functions in the car and in diagnostics which span across control units.
SSP 186 “The CAN Databus” gave an initial overview of the technology. SSP 238 will now describe the basic functions of the current CAN Bus system.
- SSP 238: Deals with basic functions of the current CAN system, e.g. the data exchange process
- SSP 269: Deals with special bus systems such as the Drive Train CAN bus and the Convenience CAN bus as used by VOLKSWAGEN and AUDI.
Self-Study Programmes present the design and function of new developments.
Please always refer to the relevant Service Literature for all inspection, adjustment and repair instructions.
- What is a bus system for?
- Design, main features
- Development stages
- Handling the CAN bus
- Networking principle
- Information exchange
- Control unit
- CAN module
Data transfer process
- Send process
- Receive process
- Simultaneous send attempt by several control units
Transmission protection, interference response
- Internal error management
- Diagnostic information
Size: 1.13 Mb
Free download Data Exchange On The CAN Bus I – SSP 238