Aftermarket service and repair manual for the BMW 3 series from 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987. Covers the E21 and E30 generations.
The manual is published by Haynes and covers UK specification right-hand drive vehicles, which also makes it a suitable manual for models sold in Australia.
Only six cylinder models are covered, including the 320, 320i, 323i and 325i, with the M20 2.0 litre, 2.3 litre and 2.5 litre engine. It covers major mechanical features of the convertible models.
Please note that this manual does not cover 4 cylinder models, the 325iX or the revised E30 range introduced in September 1987.
- 2.0-litre (1990cc) 6-cylinder petrol
- 2.3-litre (2316cc) 6-cylinder petrol
- 2.5-litre (2494cc) 6-cylinder petrol
- Getrag 242 4-speed manual
- Getrag 240 5-speed manual
- Getrag 245 5-speed sport manual
- ZF S 5-16 5-speed manual
- Getrag 260 5-speed manual
- ZF 3 HP-22 3-speed automatic
- ZF 4 HP-22 4-speed automatic
- ZF 4 HP-22 EH 4-speed automatic
- Living with your BMW 3 Series
- Routine maintenance and service
- Roadside repairs
- Cooling, heating and air conditioning
- Fuel system
- Ignition system
- Manual gearbox and automatic transmission
- Propeller shaft, driveshafts, hubs, wheels and tyres
- Braking system
- Suspension and steering
- Bodywork and fittings
- Body electrical systems
- Wiring diagrams