BMW 1-Series (4-cyl) Petrol & Diesel 2004 – 2011 Haynes Owners Service & Repair covers the 1-Series hatchback in 3 door (E81) and 5 door (E87) forms and the Coupe (E82) with 4 cylinder engines.
Models covered: 116i, 118i and 120i petrol and 116d, 118d and 120d diesel.
DOES NOT cover new F20 second generation models released in Europe in late 2011.
- N45 B16 (1596cc) 4-cylinder petrol
- N45T B16 (1596cc) 4-cylinder petrol
- N43 B16 (1598cc) 4-cylinder petrol
- N43 B20 (1995cc) 4-cylinder petrol
- N46 B20 (1995cc) 4-cylinder petrol
- N46T B20 (1995cc) 4-cylinder petrol
- M47 D20 T2 (1995cc) 4 cylinder turbo diesel
DOES NOT cover 125i, 130i or 135i 6-cylinder petrol models, 123d diesel models or feature information specific to the Convertible (E88).
- Living with Your BMW
- Roadside Repairs
- Weekly Checks
- Lubricants & Fluids
- Tyre Pressures
- Routine Maintenance & Service
- Petrol Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- M47 Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- N47 Diesel Engine In-Car Repair Procedures
- General Engine Overhaul Procedures
- Cooling, Heating & Ventilation Systems
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Petrol Engines
- Fuel & Exhaust Systems – Diesel Engines
- Emission Control Systems
- Starting & Charging Systems
- Ignition System
- Manual Gearbox
- Automatic Transmission
- Final Drive, Driveshafts & Propeller Shaft
- Braking System
- Suspension & Steering
- Bodywork & Fittings
- Body Electrical Systems
- Wiring Diagrams
Haynes manuals are written specifically for the do-it-yourselfer, yet are complete enough to be used by professional mechanics. Since 1960 Haynes has produced manuals written from hands-on experience based on a vehicle teardown with hundreds of photos and illustrations, making Haynes the world leader in automotive repair information.