Audi 3.0l V6 TDI Engine (second generation) – Self Study Programme 479. This Self Study Programme describes the design and function of the second-generation 3.0l V6 TDI engine.
V6 TDI engines are already something of a tradition at Audi. The success story began in 1997 with the introduction of the world’s first four-valve 2.5l V6 TDI engine with a distributor injection pump. In late 2003 it was followed by the fi rst V6 TDI with common rail injection, a 3.0l engine with a chain-driven timing gear. A power-reduced 2.7l version derived from this model was rolled out in 2004.
Both engines have since undergone multiple stages of evolution and have been successfully introduced in various models, not only at Audi but also within the VW Group.
State-of-the-art diesel technology, such as the Piezo Inline Common Rail System with rail pressures of up to 2000 bar, systematic thermal management, extensive friction-reducing improvements and the start-stop system, ensures that the new engine achieves low emissions and better fuel economy in combination with new eight-speed automatic gearboxes.
When you have worked your way through this Self Study Programme, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How has the chain drive changed?
- What is the task of the thermostat in the oil circuit?
- How does the thermal management system work?
- How many swirl fl aps does the intake system have?
It is not a Repair Manual! Figures given are for explanatory purposes only and refer to the data valid at the time of preparation of the SSP.
- Brief technical description of the (second generation) 3.0l V6 TDI engine
- Specifi cations
- Cylinder block
- Chain drive and valvegear
- Cylinder head
- Oil pump with integral vacuum pump
- Engine oil cooler with thermostat-controlled bypass port
Exhaust gas recirculation
- Active EGR cooler
- Exhaust turbocharger
- Charge air cooling
- Overview (installation of A8 2010)
- Coolant circuit and thermal management system
- Cylinder head cooling circuit
- Cylinder block cooling circuit
Intake air ducting
Common rail injection system
- Chain-driven injection system
- Fuel system
- Engine management
- Oxidising catalytic converter and diesel particulate filter
- Special tools and workshop equipment
- Self Study Programmes
Size: 3.83 Mb
Free download Audi 3.0l V6 TDI Engine – SSP 479