ATSG Chrysler 62TE Techtran Transmission Rebuild Manual PDF Free Download.
The new 62TE transaxle by the Chrysler Group is fitted behind a 3.5L V6 engine in the Avenger, Sebring and SebringConvertibles (JS Body) and the4.0L V6 engines in Pacifica(CS Body) vehicles. It has 6 forward speeds with a 7th gear used in a specific downshift sequence known as the “four prime (4′).” Four prime ratio is 1.573:1 w hich is a ratio between third gear (2.284:1) and fourth gear (1:452:1), Refer to Figure 1. Four prime is used for a smoother highway speed kick-down from sixth gear and to provide a better ratio for climbing grades under certain conditions.
This transmission is another technical first for Chrysler in that this transmission introduces the double-swap shifts where there is an exchange of two shift elements for two other shift elements. This occurs on the 2-3,3-2 and 4-2 shifts (Figure 1). A freewheel device (one-way clutch or sprag) is used to assist in smoother shifts with its nonsynchronous application and release properties. It holds in first, third and fourth assisting in a smoother 1 -2, 2-1,4-5 and 5-4 shifts (Figures 1 and 2).
- Step-by-Step Solution to Repair, Overhaul or Rebuild of Chrysler 62TE Transmission
- High Quality Charts Available for Chrysler 62TE
- Valve Body Identification, Electrical Diagrams, Wiring Harness Locations
- Assembly, Dis-assembly, Diagnosis, Troubleshooting, Electronic Controls & Operation
- Very Detailed Explanation For Easy Repair
Size: 6.07 Mb
Free download ATSG Chrysler 62TE Techtran Transmission Rebuild Manual PDF