Alfa Romeo V6 24V Engine AR16102 Repair Instructions PDF (ENGINE OVERHAUL).
The instructions given in the following paragraphs refer to complete overhauling of the engine on the bench after removing the power unit from the car. The instructions are divided as follows:
– Engine disassembly:
removal of engine accessories and components and disassembly of the main units which form it.
– Disassembly and overhauling of cylinder heads: complete overhauling of all the head components.
– Crankcase overhauling:
complete overhauling of the crank components.
– Instructions for reassembly:
including specific reassembly operations which differ in good part from the disassembly instructions.
– Checking and inspecting electric components of the lubrication circuit.
All the disassembly procedures described in the part that follows, if reversed, are also valid for reassembly, except where otherwise stated.
The procedures that follow refer to complete overhauling of the whole engine; it is however possible to use certain parts separately when necessary for specific components.
- Lubrication system
- Engine disassembly
- Cylinder.head disassembly
- Checking and inspecting cylinder heads
- Checking and lnspecting the crankcase
- Cautions during reassembly
- Checking electric components of the lubrication circuit
Size: 3.29 Mb