INTRODUCTION A999, A904T
The A999 (later renamed 32RH) was a heavier-duty, wide-ratio version of the small-frame A904 transmission for use with medium-power V8 engines and the 3.9 L V6 engine. It was equipped with five direct friction plates. These automatics had lower first and second gear ratios to allow the lower-powered engines to provide better acceleration without sacrificing highway fuel economy.
- 1980-89 Chrysler M platform vehicles with A38 police option
- 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ with 6 cylinder engine.
- Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer with the 258ci (4.2L) straight 6
- 1997-2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 6 cylinder engine.
- ELECTRIC LOCK-UP
- CARRY OVER COMPONENTS
- HYDRAULIC OPERATION
- ONBOARD DIAGNOSTIC
- PRESSURE TESTS
- GENERAL DIAGNOSIS
- MAINTENANCE & ADJUSTMENTS
- VALVE BODY
- TEARDOWN & ASSEMBLY
- TRANSMISSION UPDATE 1986
Size: 1.78 Mb
Free download A-999, A-904T – ATSG